The 7th annual C-U Oktoberfest will take place on Saturday, October 5th from 3 p.m. to midnight. The event is organized by and is a fundraiser for DSC Illinois. Taking place in Downtown Champaign, the celebration of German beer, food, and culture is $5 at the gate, plus the cost of food and drink. Additional details are available on the Facebook event page, and you can read our past coverage for a sense of what to expect (2013; 2014; 2015; 2016; 2017; 2018).
Check out the schedule below.
- C-U Oktoberfest – Neil & Washington Streets, Champaign (3:00pm – Midnight)
- 3:00 pm Gates Open & the Festival begins
- 3:30 pm Regent Ballroom Polka Lessons
- 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm Balloon Making, Bounce Houses, Face Painting, Cookie Decorating, Carnival Games
- 3:50 pm Mayor Deb Frank Feinen taps the ceremonial first keg
- 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm Die Musikmeisters-Live Music
- 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm The Polkaholics ~ Live Music
- 10:30pm – Midnight Bolzen Beer Band-Live Music
Photo by Jessica Hammie